Part of our mission at The Shanty is to support local organizations that have an impact on our community. When we recognize that a better word for fundraising is ‘friend raising’ we open limitless doors to creativity in support of our causes. The primary way that we accomplish this is that Together, we’ll determine a date and time for the fundraiser and put it on our calendar. This guideline spells out the responsibilities that we both have, in order to create the best chance for a successful benefit night for your organization.
Once your organization is qualified we must discuss the ways that you will get the word out about your benefit night. This promotion activity, on your part, will make sure as many of your supporters as possible will come and it may also reach out to new supporters of your cause as well.
- Passion : People are drawn to something that you are passionate about.
- Purpose : Yes, friends of your organization need to know about your “true purpose”; more importantly, however, they need to know what role they can play.
- Plan :Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once to put this plan into action.” People know you are serious about translating passion into purpose, and purpose into action, when you have a thoughtful and clear plan for improving the community.
- Praise :All people need to know they are appreciated. The ones who say they need it the least, in fact, are the ones who most appreciate it when praise is sincere and heartfelt.
- Polite Persistence : People with much to give are busy by nature. If you wish to friend-raise, you must prepare to be persistent over time.
As part of your application, check each of the following actions that your organization will do to insure your successful benefit night.
- Do your part to make your benefit night a success. The use of Social media and creating an events page is a great way to get your event recognised.
- Creat flyers and banners for inside and outside The Shanty
- Execute a call chain to invite people personally.
- Word of Mouth is a great way to get your event out there.
15% of all pre-tax, food and beverage purchases(excluding Pizza donation) by the fundraiser participants will be donated to your Friend Raiser, along with The Shanty donating $3.00 for each large pizza and $1.50 each small pizza.